6 Examples of Standard Operating Procedures

by admin on August 31, 2010

One of the easiest way to write standard operating procedures is to see how others do it. What I’ve done this week is share 7 examples of different standard operating procedures examples (also called SOPs) so you can see how different organizations write, formant, and design their own procedures.

Over the coming weeks, we will analyze these documents and prepare a series of templates that will help you write SOPs for different industries and different sectors.

Here is the list:

1. FAO – Two examples of various categories of SOPs are given in the ensuing chapters.

www.fao.org/docrep/w7295e/w7295e04.htm

2. Biotechnology Program, Montgomery College – SOP

Sample Standard Operating Procedures. SOP. Formats. Doc. PDF (Requires Acrobat Reader ).

www.montgomerycollege.edu/Departments/biotechnology/sop.html

3. Safety Training Resources

www.ehs.uci.edu/programs/sop_library

4. Emergency Management Program Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)

www.pandemicflu.va.gov/

5. Employee Training and Development

6. Developing Effective Standard Operating Procedures

www.ansci.cornell.edu/pdfs/sopsdir.pdf

Let me know if you can recommend other quality SOPs that we can share with our readers.

Related posts:

1. 29 Ways to Write Your SOP Procedures Faster ...
  2. What is a Standing Operating Procedure? ...
  3. Procedures Writing Guidelines ...

{ 34 comments… read them below or add one }

SALMAN March 22, 2011 at 10:09 pm

hi thanks for the information above about SOP. actualy i work in a export company i want to write SOP for our department. i need samples for export departments could you please help me to come with excellent SOP SO that my boss will be impressed and my collagues won have trouble in future

admin March 23, 2011 at 4:16 am

Hi Salman,

Your best bet is to download these and use them to get started.

S.Chandra Jeff March 24, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Hi,
We have heavy machinery (Front end loaders,Excavators & Backhoe) in our yard and would appreciate if I can access an SOP on the maintenance of these machinery
Thanks

Riena March 30, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Hi,

I would like to know the SOP for payroll?
Can I get some samples for reference?
TQ

R.Grech March 31, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I need to find SOP’s related to Legionella Control. Do you know of any link?
Thanks in advance.

admin March 31, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Have you tried Klariti.com?

Christine April 8, 2011 at 6:20 am

Hi Thanks for good information, am working in data department, may have a sample of data managemnt SOPs for both paper based and Electronic data

Richard Yeo April 27, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I’m a Project Specialist on Sports Equipment. I’m trying to write a SOP for my Distributors to conduct Demo on products to public. Do you have any references for me to look into. Many thanks in advance.

salah May 6, 2011 at 12:30 am

Thanks for the information above about SOPs. Actually I am working in FMCG business I have sample but i would like to have more different samples related to seam business spicily for juice preparation

C Mac May 6, 2011 at 1:23 am

Hi
The company I work for transport with Lorries and are also workshop based with manual handling and work based around machinery and some chemicals.
Could you please tell me where I can find some more examples to help me make sure we have a good SOP and emergency plan please?

zakir May 24, 2011 at 5:09 am

hi ,i am zakir from bangladesh. i want to write a sop for a tour operator and travel agency. how can i write that.

Harry June 28, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Hi..
Can you give a sample on heavy machinery SOP? I worked in a Steel manufacturing factory. We melt scrap iron, make it into Billet than into steel bar.. We involved with lots of machine. Can you help?

FITAYA June 29, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Hi,hi thanks for the information above about SOP. actually i work in piping department at shipyard company and i want to write SOP for our department. i need samples for export departments could you please help me to come with excellent SOP SO that my boss will be impressed and my colleagues won have trouble in future. Thanks

Bey Bernardo August 29, 2011 at 5:04 am

Hello, I work for sheetmetal fabrications in receiving and dispatching. How can i make a standard operating procedures for this.

Shireen September 2, 2011 at 4:32 am

Hi,

I have been assigned to write SOP’s for Mall Marketing Department. could you please help me in the same.

where can I get the formats n contents if possible.

Regards
Shireen

Atif Masood September 22, 2011 at 3:15 am

hi,
i am working in Sadiq poultry Pakistan i want sop on poultry farm (Breeder,Broiler,Hatchery) kindly give me some source for the preparation for sops so kind of you.

Atif Masood September 22, 2011 at 3:17 am

i also required sops on production department as well as for all departments in an organisation for effective control.

Eileen September 26, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Hi there – we are looking to create a digital/computer based version of our SOP for an apartment hotel so that staff can quickly click on areas that they need more clarification or advice from. So you have or know of one that we can use?

admin September 27, 2011 at 1:14 am

Hi Eileen,

Drop me an email and I’ll see if we can help.

btw, have you look at these SOP templates http://www.klariti.com/standard-operating-procedures/

admin September 27, 2011 at 1:14 am

Hi Aitf,

Have you seen these templates http://www.klariti.com/standard-operating-procedures/

KM December 10, 2012 at 9:33 am

In need of SOP for environmental mobile truck washing . I would like to see an example of one.

KM

Kandy Zacheis January 6, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I am in need of basic operating procedures for a small municipality’s City Hall. I appreciate any help you may give me

Jude DSilva January 16, 2013 at 9:05 am

I work in IT and have been assisgned to write a SOP for RACF and TWS admin procedures. Would welcome your suggestions on a best fit template.

Thanks

Jude

Ener Elauza January 22, 2013 at 4:37 am

Hi,

I’m department head of machine shop and plastic injection machine, i’m required to do an sop, can u give me a guide line for this matter.

Lusan PENDE March 13, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Hi,

I would like to develop a SOP for Recruitment & Selection and appreciate if a company’s existing SOP be sent to me as a guide to develop, the SOP I’m willing to work on.

charles March 25, 2013 at 12:03 am

hi there I am security a trainer for multinational company. I would like to have some examples for how to conduct training and what is the standard operating procedure for theft or robbery. if you guys can provide me slides I will be grateful to u. thanks I am hoping something from you

Brendan April 23, 2013 at 12:22 am

Dear All,

I am working in a transportation department of a real estate company. The job or department is new. I would like to prepare a SOP for the company. If you could please help me out to get an example of a SOP for a transportation company.

regards,

ANWULI IRENE AKPU April 28, 2013 at 5:26 am

Can you present to me an example of an SOP for security department in the Sea Port? Thanks

RICHARD GALLAGHER May 23, 2013 at 7:47 am

MIGHT YOU HAVE ANY TEMPLATES REGARDING:

GENERAL MANUFACTURING SHOP FLOOR (SHOP ORDER/TRAVELLER ADMINISTRATION)

PLANT SAFETY MANUAL/PROCEDURE

durwas June 11, 2013 at 11:44 pm

i want the sop of paper destruction which is not in used in pharmaceutical dept.

Waheedah July 13, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Do you have examples of Hospital Billing SOP’s

Alex Wilson July 25, 2013 at 10:22 am

Good Morning/Afternoon
I am loooking for a Safety Operating Procedure for unattended fueling station for heavy equipment, and company vehicles…..

Nkem Obianwu July 29, 2013 at 1:05 am

I would like a sample of SOP for my production line for producing women’s sanitary pad and the SOP for cleaning/maintainance

Thanks

Emmy August 14, 2013 at 1:49 am

Hi,
i’m in trouble on how to write SOPs for airtime allowance and fuel distribution for effective control. Please assist.